Monday, August 1, 2011

My Story

By Daria Wilson

I had been ridiculed, overlooked, and made fun of.

I had been beaten, bruised, and called stupid.

I had been yelled at and ignored and rejected.

I had searched for love and had been used.

I was broken. (1)

And then…Jesus came. (2)

He waited. (3)

Those that hurt me had finally been silenced.

They had tried to throw their stones, but I was still alive. (4)

He gently called to me. (5)

He silently waited until I was ready. (6)

He waited until the ache in my heart was ready for His healing.

He whispered to me again. (7)

And when I began to lift my head, He softly called to me, “My child.” (8)

“My child, I have been waiting.” (9)

He tenderly placed His scarred hand under my chin and ever so gently lifted my head. (10)

And there - in my tears - I looked up and saw Jesus who had died for me, the Lord who had taken all my hurt for me. (11)

He took it all away.

He had healed all my bruises, all my pain. (12)

He knew what it was to be hurt. (13)

When all had failed me, there He stood. (14)

I no longer flinched.

I no longer cried myself to sleep in utter silence. (15)

He told me tenderly that I was now worth something. (16)

He had carved me on His hand. (17)

He softly said, “You are my child. I love you.” (18)

And I had finally been…set free. (19)

1. Psalm 34:18 “The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”

2.1 Timothy 1:15 “Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.”

3. 2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”

4. John 8:7-11 “When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" "No one, sir," she said. “Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

5. Matthew 11:9 “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”

6. 1 Corinthians 4:20-21 “For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. What do you prefer? Shall I come to you with a whip, or in love and with a gentle spirit?”

7. 1 Kings 19:12 “After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.”

8. Matthew 18:14 “In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.”

9. 1 Timothy 1:16 “But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.”

10. Psalm 3:3 “But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.”

11. John 3:16-17 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him”

12. Isaiah 42:3 “A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice.”

13. Isaiah 53:5 “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.”

14. Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

15. Romans 10:11 “As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.”

16. Matthew 10:30-32 “And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.”

17. Isaiah 49:16 “See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.”

18. John 14:23 “Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.”

19. Romans 8:1-2 “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.”

Daria Wilson is a single mom of a cherished 18- year old daughter and is a professional court reporter who works in New York City Criminal Court. She goes through life ever humbled by the tender care of her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

0 comments: